Friday, April 30, 2010

Object Number 4


Object Name: Wooden Tulips
Accessioned: 2007
Donor: gift
Notes: Four wooden tulips from Holland

Comments: The first bouquet of fresh flowers bought for me ever came from the local Tesco. My reaction was so heart felt that the giver felt compelled to allow me to feel like that more often. When visiting Holland he bought me these flowers. When these flowers start to wilt he will buy me some more.
I now have some real tulips blossoming in my front garden. In a world where property and hedge fund bubbles burst and have left a lot of people aghast the idea of the 'Tulip Bubble' seems like it could have happened along with it. It is something that tickles me in a dark way, Extraordinary Popular Delusions and The Madness of Crowds.

No comments:

Post a Comment